Baby shower gifts can often be difficult to buy. Everyone somehow ends up buying the same size clothes or the same baby products. Now, there are things that a mom can never have enough of like baby wipes and diapers, but when you buy a baby shower gift from this list, try to be a bit more creative. To help you with your gift buying we have some tips.
- Don’t buy newborn clothes – Babies grow fast. Chances are the parents already have some newborn clothes that will be sufficient for the short period it will fit the baby. Rather opt for clothing of older ages and bigger sizes.
- Buy things that are practical – A good idea is to ask the parents what they need. Maybe they have not been able to buy an important piece of equipment or furniture. Maybe need some extra diapers. If it is a big and expensive thing that they need, club together with some friends and get them what they need. Toys are not always practical as they may again receive a lot of the same stuff.
- Vouchers are a good idea – If you are unsure what the parents may need, consider a voucher for a baby store. The parents can use vouchers to buy whatever they don’t get as gifts from other friends and family.
- Don’t forget the mum – Mum has been carrying a baby and suffering through all kinds of physical pains for months. She deserves some pampering before the baby comes. Put together a box of the mum’s favourite things like sweets, bath salts, candles, spa vouchers, etc. Anything that she would enjoy and would make her feel good.
- Give something handmade – If you are good with your hands and can draw or build things, create something unique. Room décor, special words, a special picture, etc. are all really great and thoughtful ideas.
As long as you stick to practical and take into consideration what the parents may need, you will be on track with buying a great gift. A personal touch is always a winner, so keep that in mind too.…Continue Reading