All new parents wonder what exactly they need to buy to be fully prepared for their new baby. To take away some of the guesswork, we came up with a short list of essentials that all babies need. If you have these things, you will be well-prepared when your baby arrives. You can have fun setting up the nursery and filling it with wonderful things from Truly Madly Baby.
Your baby needs the following:
- Clothing – This goes without saying, but you should make sure that you have enough of different types of clothes. Ask your friends and family to buy different ages and different types of clothing for different seasons.
- Furniture and equipment – Furniture for the nursery include a crib and a mattress. You will also need baby seats for feeding and in the car. A stroller for when you go out. A changing table is also necessary to make sure you can change your baby’s clothes and diapers without a problem.
- Food – For the first few months, you will be breastfeeding. After that, you will need bottles for formula of the milk that you pump. You will also need formula that is suitable for your baby’s age and nutritional needs. Eventually, you will need to buy soft foods and solid foods to help baby grow and get strong.
- Diapers – Diapers are definitely an essential. Your baby will need lots of them. You will also need to diaper rash ointment, baby wipes, and disposal bags. Baby powder can also be a nice thing to have.
- Bath and skin products – You should buy products that are made specifically for your baby’s sensitive skin. Truly Madly Baby has the best options for your baby’s skin. You will need soap, shampoo, bum cream, skin cream, baby oil, and soft cloths.
These essentials will get you through the day. If you are working on a tight budget then this is what you want to focus on. Anything outside of this list you should be able to get along without.